06 Mar 6 Frequently Asked Questions About the Paper Industry And Usage
Paper is, and has been, an essential product for people all across the globe for centuries. Though paper, at first glance, can seem quite simplistic, the history and facts surrounding paper are downright fascinating.
Approximately 92 million metric tons of paper are being produced every year by the United States. Paper is essential for not only businesses, as they work with wholesale paper suppliers to acquire enough product, but individuals rely on paper for all sorts of reasons. Here are some frequently asked questions about the paper industry, the usage of paper, and the paper itself:
- How many paper documents are in the U.S.? — Currently, there are over 4 trillion paper documents in the United States. Astonishingly, that number is growing at a rate of 22% per year. By 2020, the bulk paper production sector is projected to have increased outputs by as much as 77%, when compared to 1995 figures.
- How much paper do working professionals use? — Though certain jobs require much more paper usage than others, it has been estimated that each individual worker in the U.S. utilizes roughly 10,000 sheets of paper per year.
- How old is paper? — The oldest known archaeological fragments of the immediate precursor to modern paper date back as far as the 2nd century BCE in China.
- How often is paper recycled? — The U.S. paper industry set a long-term goal of 60% scrap paper recovery rate and ended up achieving the goal within three years. Thankfully, Americans recycle more paper products than they send to landfills. Additionally, today, more than 33% of new paper is constructed with recycled fiber.
- What kind of paper can be recycled? — As long as the paper you’re discarding isn’t contaminated with food, oils, or other chemicals, it can — and should — be placed in the recycling bin. Large corrugated cardboard boxes should be flattered and tossed in the green dumpster in the dumpster enclosure.
- How much money is paper responsible for? — Wholesale paper suppliers not only provide individual and businesses with quality paper products, but they bring in plenty of money, as well. In fact, the gross revenue of international paper in the U.S. is approximately $23.6 billion.
If you want to learn more about how to buy paper in bulk and work with a trusted wholesale paper supplier, give Paper Papers a call right away!