Table of Contents
Can you find recycled paper from a wholesale paper supplier? Did you know that 92 million metric tons of paper are produced in the U.S. annually?
Americans alone use enough paper in one day to fill the entire Library of Congress almost five times over.
Why is it important to recycle paper?
The demand for recycled paper has increased due to its numerous benefits and advanced manufacturing processes. Recycled paper reduces the use of wood pulp and the amount of waste in landfills. Additionally, the production process of recycled paper consumes less energy and creates fewer greenhouse gas emissions than the production of virgin paper. Not only is it a sustainable choice, but the recycled paper is also readily available and can be a cost-effective choice. If your project has flexibility, switching to recycled paper can make a small but significant impact on the environment. Have you considered using recycled paper for your next printing project?
Now imagine—what if you could be saving woodlands by buying paper? While that sounds like a contradictory statement, it’s completely possible, thanks to wholesale paper suppliers producing recycled paper.
Recent technological advancements now make it possible to produce recycled paper with the same level of whiteness and print quality as virgin fiber (non-recycled) paper.
How does using recycled paper help the environment?
Have you asked why is recycled paper better for the environment? The following are eight reasons why using recycled paper is positive for the environment. We’ve included other thoughts; in case you need more convincing,
- Reduce CO2 Emissions Into the Atmosphere – When paper is recycled instead of incinerated. The ultimate result is a 20% drop in CO2 emissions.
- Keep It Out of Landfills – When waste paper is buried in a landfill, it releases methane gas over time. Which is 23 times more harmful to the environment than CO2.
- Wholesale Paper Suppliers Use Less Energy in Production – When a manufacturer produces recycled paper. They use 31% less energy than it takes to produce virgin fiber paper.
- It’s a Gift That Keeps on Giving – Did you know that paper fibers can be recycled between four and five times before they become unusable? That’s impressive!
- Reduce Greenhouse Gasses – When recycled paper is produced, there’s a 40% decrease in greenhouse gases released into the atmosphere compared to virgin fiber paper production.
- Conserve Clean Water – Producing one ton of recycled paper requires over 9,000 gallons of water less than it takes to produce one ton of virgin fiber paper.
- Less Solid Waste – Recycled paper production results in 39% less solid waste than virgin fiber production.
- Improve and Enhance Brand Image – When you use recycled paper as a brand or company, you have every right to brag about it. This will definitely make you the earth-thoughtful option. Lead the way as more and more people become conscious of their purchasing choices’ environmental impact.
Recycled Paper is High Quality
With recycled paper now at the same level of quality as standard paper, finding a wholesale paper supplier that produces it makes sense. The next time you need to order bulk paper, envelopes, or cardstock, remember the points on this list. Look for a source helping us conserve our planet’s natural resources. You can start living sustainably by taking baby steps. Start today by simply recycling your office paper or signing up for a recycling program at your company today. Check out recycled paper and envelopes at PaperPapers.com. Additionally, learn more about ecological papers such as Crush, which supports sustainability and upcycling in the circular economy found at our wholesale paper supplier and paper distributors.