Butterfly Paper Popup Card
Summer is sunshine, rain, flowers, and the prettiest are the butterflies. With a butterfly paper popup card like this who wouldn’t want to enjoy these butterflies. These die cut butterflies are easy to put together and they look absolutely wonderful of the double winged butterfly.
The project fits into a Silver 7-inch square envelope.
- Cut a sheet of Steel to a 6.75-inch x 7.75-inch. Score and fold in half.
- Cut a sheet of Rose Gold to make 2 cutouts (6.75-inch x 3.5-inch).
- Attach the 2 cutouts of the Rose Gold to the Steel using ScoreTape on the inside of the card to that it will make a 6.75-inch square all attached.
- On the side of the card add some Cosmic Shimmer Gilding Flakes or other silver glitter of your choosing to make it sparkle.
- Stamp the Venus Violet with a large elegant word stamp. This will be used for the background element of the double butterflies. Make sure to cover enough area so that you can cut into the stamped area of a 4-inch x 11-inch.
- Cut into the stamped area to a 4-inch x 11-inch sheet.
- First fold and score the the Venus Violet cutout into 3 sections.
- Have a design of the butterfly and using scissors cut out the design into the Venus Violet, but make sure to keep it all still connected accordion style.
- After you have cut out a butterfly design into the 3 sections score and fold each of the sections in half. This will allow a place for the butterfly to be held and glued in the middle.
- To make it a double butterfly wing use the die cut on Pure Silver to make 3 butterflies and fold in half.
- Glue the bottom of the butterflies onto the folded section. Add any glitter to catch any excess glue or tape.
- Attach the folded accordian butterflies to the card with either tape or glue.
- Use a die cut into the Purple to make the two poinsetta sections into the card. Attach with glue. Add small pearls if desired.
- Add Foil Alphabet Letters to the bottom of the card or other lettering you might have.
- For the front of the card cut out an outline of the butterfly in Venus Violet.
- Die cut and glue the Silver butterfly to the Venus Violet.
- Using Steel cut out a floral border and attach to the Rose Gold section.
If you are looking for a reference video check out MyPaperCraft’s Popup Mother’s Day Card. It is a helpful video!
Papers used in this craft:
- Stardream Metallics, Silver, 7-inch Square envelope
- Keaykolour, Steel, 111 lb cover
- Curious Metallics, Rose Gold, 111 lb cover
- Astrobrights, Venus Violet, 65 lb cover
- FAV Shimmer, Pure Silver, 92 lb cover
- Curious Skin, Purple, 100 lb cover
Other materials used in this craft:
- Cherry Lynn Die, DL 115, Butterfly
- Cheery Lynn Die, DL115A, Medium #2 Angel Wings (template)
- Memory Box, Tristan Butterfly
- Memory Box, Chloe Butterfly
- Cottage Cutz, Bella Floral Border
- Sue Wilson Dies, CED3051 Festive Collection, Poinsettia Addition
- Stamp: Tim Holtz, Dusty Concord Stamp and Refill
- ScorTape, 1/2″ & 1/8″
- Cosmic Shimmer Gilding Flakes, Silver
- Cosmic Shimmer Acrylic Glue
- Red Glitter, fine
- Thickers, Foil Alphabet Letters, ” Sentiment”
- 1/8″ Flat Round Pearls