Camo is a fun look and I had a request to combine family colors and themes. I found some wonderful free camo prints by freepikcom. The flower print is also by freepik.com. The pictures were edited to 8.5″ x 11″. The binding is Zutter Bind-it-All Owire, 1 1/4″ in Brass. There are 15 holes in the book. I used smaller holes using my Procoil-53. I prefer to punch all the holes at once. The Zutter is usually used for the holes for binder wire as the holes are bigger. The Cinch has holes big enough. What I did was double punch the holes so that they were longer. Each has its own merits. I did use the Zutter to bend the wire closed and I did it very slowly so that it would not get warped. The final flipbook is 8″ tall and there are two sizes for the front and back. The front is 4.5″; the back is 5″ wide. Just keep referring to the photos.
Instructions for Camp Paper Flip Book
- Print, the two pages of camouflage, the green and the orange/yellow prints. Both designs were printed on Remake Oyster 92lb cover. If you want heavier paper, and it will go through your printer, use LETTRA Cotton Ecru White – 8.5X11 Letter Size Paper – 220lb Cover Using one full Silhouette Double-Sided Adhesive sheet, attach the green camo print to Shine, Champagne, 107lb cover.
- Print the back of the orange/yellow camo print with the black and white flowers.
- Cut the green camo print, backed by Champagne, into 2 different sizes. The first is 8″tall by 4.5″ wide. Cut the second green camo sheet to 8″ tall by 5″ wide. You can change the sizes if it suits you better.
- I used just one sheet of orange/yellow camo print and divided it into 3 sections. 2 are 3.75″ wide and the remaining one is 3.25″ wide. For some odd reason, I put the smaller ones in the middle. All are 8″ tall.
- Cut the Speckletone, Cream, 80lb cover to 8″ tall by 4 5/16″. These are the pages where the photos will be mounted and should not visible when the front cover of the flipbook is closed. There are a total of 6 Cream pages, 2 for each orange/yellow divider.
- Using the CT CLEAR INKJET Translucent (Vellum), 65lb cover, print the oval with the names on it. This gets cut into 2 pages, the first page and the last page. You can leave this page out or use the Cream paper. I thought the translucent added some fun. It does look better on top of the black and white flower design than it would on the orange/yellow. I added holes down one side, of the name page. When the photos are put in the flipbook it will add so much color that I made the book kind of bland; the little bits at the front add some design when you first open the book. Cut these pages to 7 5/8″ tall by 4 5/16″ wide. Mostly just get the design centered when you trim it, and cut it in half; trim more as needed. The front page has Washi Tape added to the inside edge before cutting the holes on the front page. The back page is taped to the back of the Cream with 1/8″ ScorTape on the inside edge and along the top and bottom. Use a 1/2″ piece centered in the front. You can add your names to the blank design with a fine line marker.
- So, the order of the flipbook is the 4.5″ front cover printed with green camo, the translucent name page, the black and white flowers (with the orange/yellow camo on the back), and 2 Cream pages. Repeat that twice. There are a total of 10 pages; the last one has 2 pages taped together. Last is the back cover that is 5″ wide.
- Punch those holes with anything you want. They must be a least 1/4″ across. The holes can be elongated by punching the holes again, slight to the side. Anyway you get them punched is good. The wire loop that goes through it is 3/8″ wide. So a 3/8″ hole will work, it is just tight and needs to be loosened up a bit by using it.
- Add 15 wires of the Zutter Bind-It-All, 1 1/4″ wide, Brass colored wire. Cut the wires in the middle of the larger loop. Some people flip the front page and put the closure inside the book. I took it apart and put the closure on the back; it closed so much more nicely. After the binding is closed, I used needle nose pliers to bend the end into a loop and put that loop through the back smaller end loop. You will see when you get there. This keeps the wire ends from catching on anything. Refer to the photo.
- Now decorate the pages. The main reason for the decorations is that when I expanded the design, it was not truly seamless, so depending on how you cut it, the lines show. The pages that got decorations are the 3 black and white flowered inserts. The first insert got Martha Stewart’s Stickers, Lace Butterflies. The second got a bouquet from Jolee’s Boutique SPJB227 Sticker 3D Cream Floral. The 3rd insert got decorative lines of 1/8″ ScorTape burnished with Cosmic Shimmer Gilding Flakes, Red Blaze. The back-facing pages have 2 birds from K&Company Studio 112 Chipboard Stickers, Birds; I picked the camo birds in blue.
- Oyster. 92lb cover
- Champagne, 107lb cover
- Cream, 80lb cover
- CT CLEAR INKJET Translucent (Vellum)
- Silhouette Double-Sided Adhesive Sheet
- Zutter Bind-It-All Owire, Brass, 1 1/4″
- Wire cutters & needle nose pliers
- Martha Stewart Stickers, Lace Butterflies
- Jolee’s Boutique SPJB227 Sticker 3D Cream Floral
- Cosmic Shimmer Gilding Flakes, Red Blaze
- K&Company Studio 112 Chipboard Stickers, Birds
- ScorTape, 1/8″
- Washi Tape
- Hole Punch 2:1. Zutter, Cinch, or your choice