Time to paper craft!
Decorate a nursery, living room or any other part of your living space with lovely, handmade paper flowers. Having flowers in any room can automatically improve the mood. Sometimes you want to keep that floral decor longer than natural flowers can live, thus a great time to consider paper flowers for wall decor or long lasting displays.
This paper craft with gorgeous paper flowers is an excellent alternatives to beautify your home. Paper craft projects can now become a part of your home’s decor. Paper flowers are becoming increasingly popular as DIY home decor, but they are also used in flower crowns, to decorate events, and to give as gifts. There is a reason for their increased popularity. They are super easy to make, a lot cheaper than authentic flowers, and they are never going to die. Plus, they are absolutely gorgeous.
You can also customize them exactly how you want, to serve the purpose you want. Whether you want to make them with your favorite colors to add a pop of color and improve the aesthetic of your room, or you’re giving them as a gift to someone special.
Be sure to get your favorite colorful paper and collect all your other crafting supplies. You can learn how to make handmade paper flowers by watching this simple and easy-to-follow video by “Colors Paper”, video shown below.
What You Need to make these Paper Flowers:
- 30cm x 7cm colored paper (approx. 11.5 x 2.75 inches)
- Paper glue
- 12cm x 7cm colored paper (approx. 4.75 x 2.75 inches)
- 8cm diameter circle (approx. 3-inch circle)
How to Make:
- Begin rolling the 30cmx7cm colored paper from the right lower corner, ensure the paper is rolled tightly.
- As you roll the paper, let it form into a tight pipe shape.
- Glue the corner of the paper that isn’t rolled onto the stem.
- Cut both ends of the stem so the ends have a horizontal line.
- After cutting, choose an end and make a split at the bottom, about 5 cm.
- After making the split, take your finger and pull the pieces down.
- Set aside.
- Take the 12cmx7cm paper, fold the 12cm side in half, long side to long side. Repeat this step twice.
- Then cut from the bottom at a diagonal angle to make a semi-circle.
- After cutting you should have two pieces.
- Set aside.
The Paper Flower Petals
- Take the 8cm diameter circle, fold in half then fold again.
- Then make two pleats, this forms a triangular shape.
- Draw three leaves on the triangle.
- Cut around the drawings made.
- Make many of these petals into a triangle shape.
- Stick the triangles on top of each other to form the flower petals
How to Assemble
- Stick the flower petals made onto the stem
- Then, stick to the leaves onto the stem.
Now you have made your paper flower. You can change up the colors and the sizes. These flowers will be perfect for a bouquet or a table centerpiece.
Go out there and start beautifying your home.
“Colors Paper” tutorial – this beautiful paper flowers making tutorial for DIY Home Decor ideas. It’s a wonderful paper craft. It’s very easy and simple paper flower making instruction. You can use the flower for decorating any event such as room decor, home decor, party decor etc.