This Floral Memorial Card helps celebrate a life well-lived. Understated elegance is a good thing in a quiet moment of reaching out with sympathy. Knowing these themes helps keep the design choices simple and calm for those mourning the loss of their loved ones.
The theme for this memorial was blue and gold and it matched up perfectly with the Plike Royal Blue, the Stardream Metallics Fine Gold, and Citrine. The Plike is a plastic-coated paper that feels, to me, like faux suede, with an intense color that is extremely matte and consistent across the paper. It scores and folds easily. To add a lighter color to the card, one that can easily be printed for a comforting message, Stardream Metallic, Citrine, 81lb text, is used both on the inside and as the sympathy flower on the front. Citrine has a changing sheen that goes from white to gold, so it blends with the gold. To wrap it all together is a Crush Natural Citrus A7 Envelope.
Instructions for Floral Memorial Card:
- Cut the Plike to 7-inch x 10-inch then score and fold it in half so that the finished card is 5-inch x 7-inch. This fits nicely in the A7 Natural Citrus envelope which is 5 1/4-inch x 7 1/4-inch. It did fit fairly snuggly since the Plike is so thick. Now would be the time to cut the paper to 6 3/4-inch x 10-inch. I had already mounted the inside message so I left it; it works, it is just snug.
- Based on the larger 5-inch x 7-inch card, cut the Stardream Metallics, Fine Gold, 105lb cover to 4 3/4-inch x 6 3/4-inch and mount it inside the card, centering it for a small blue border on the Fine Gold. Mount it inside using 1/4-inch ScorTape. I found it easiest to pull the backing on the top piece of tape, center it, push it down, and then pull the other 3 pieces of tape, smoothing it down gently.
- Print the memorial message on Stardream Metallic, Citrine, 81lb text. The text weight went very nicely through my laser printer. I used almost the darkest settings. I find that full dark tends to be too messy. This message was from an unknown author and was meaningful and there is just enough room to sign your name. Cut the Citrine to 3 1/4-inch x 5 1/2-inch. When center-mounted with ScorTape this leaves a nice Fine Gold border.
- Still using the Citrine and Memory Box, Honey Blossom Sprig, or something similar, cut a sympathy flower. First I cut the paper big enough to surround the die and mounted it on Silhouette Double-Sided Adhesive paper. Even with the 2 layers, the text and the backing, the die cuts nicely. Carefully pick it out from the paper and pull the backing. Using a toothpick add dots of Cosmic Shimmer Acrylic Glue to the back and mount it. Be sparing with the glue so it doesn’t spread it. You can clean up any extra with Un-Du on a Q-Tip. I covered the flower with a piece of wax paper to press it down.
- You are done and this will be a wonderful memorial gift that will be cherished.
- Royal Blue, 122lb cover
- Stardream Metallics
- Fine Gold, 105lb cover
- Citrine, 81lb text
- Natural Citrus, A7 envelope
- Memory Box, Honey Blossom Sprig
- ScorTape, 1/4″
- Silhouette Double-Sided Adhesive Paper
- Cosmic Shimmer Acrylic Glue