20 Nov Give Thanks Card
Every Thanksgiving is special. Kids grow up, the world around us changes, and life keeps moving, but one thing that never changes is keeping our loved ones in our hearts, whether they are around the table or in far places. Nothing shows love like a keepsake card that can express warm feelings that you want to share with that person.
The tri-fold card opens with either side on top, this particular card opens left to right.
Step 1: Using the Natural Citrus print the message in portrait mode, “Home is where the Heart is. Welcome to our House. Happy Thanksgiving.” You can also choose any other message you would like. The one that we used for this card is included.
Step 2: Make sure the message is able to be cut to 8.5-inch wide and 6.75-inch long.
Step 3: Score the cut message with 1-inch on each side so that the middle portion will be 6.5-inch wide and 6.75-inch long. And edge the sides with any form of edging scissors you would like.
Step 4: Now let’s get started on the Keaykolour, Coral ribbon that underneath both the “Give Thanks”, beneath the Leaf decoration, and on the very back of the card. The embossing is Cuttlebug’s little flower. The horizontal one is cut to 6.5-inch x 2-in and the vertical is 6.75-inch x 2-inch. The Coral strip that is used for the back of the card is 3-inch x 6.5-inch. All the papers are ScorTaped on using 1/2″ tape, and the Copper elements are applied with Cosmic Shimmer Acrylic Glue and a toothpick for the leaf.
Step 5: From Chestnut and Eucalyptus cut both to be 6.5-inch wide and 6.75-inch long.
Step 6: ScorTape it all together and add two tiny lines of copper nail tape inside the folds behind the message.
Step 7: Put the project into a 7-inch square Opal envelope.
This is such a good card for anyone to receive and make. And the best part about it it can be used throughout the year for spreading any love and sweet memories that you have with that loved one.
Happy Thanksgiving and Enjoy!
Materials Used in this Craft:
- Stardream Metallics, Opal, 7-inch square envelope
- Crush, Natural Citrus, 92 lb cover
- Keaykolour, Coral, 111 lb cover
- Curious Metallics, Chestnut, 111 lb cover
- Curious Metallics, Eucalyptus, 111 lb cover
- Shine, Copper, 107 lb cover
- Stardream Metallics, Copper, 105 lb cover
Other Materials Used in this Craft:
- Silhouette Double Sided Adhesive Paper
- Gilding Flakes, Red Blaze
- Fiskars, 1239501001, Intricate Shape Punch, Autumn Flair
- Cheery Lynn Die Cut, Mexican Tile
- Edging Scissors for Kids
- Copper Fingernail Tape, 1/16″ wide
- Cuttlebug Embossing Folders, A2, Small Flowers or
- Sizzix Textured Impressions Embossing Folder – 661945 Flower Embellishments
- Lifestyle Crafts QuicKutz Cutting Die GIVE THANKS Words,Gratitude CC-SHAPE-046-1
- 1/2″ ScorTape
- Cosmic Shimmer Acrylic Glue
- 1 red glass dot 1/8″