Ever feel like you want to show your love for your Valentine but don’t know how to express your feelings? Sometimes the greatest way to express your love to your special someone is by making a Handmade Valentine’s Day Card! Check out the instructions below on how to make this wonderful card.
This card is super easy to make and really turns out beautiful! And the best part about doing this DIY card is that you can choose any colors or make this card to fit your Valentine! Have a wonderful Valentines Day!
- Cut the Curious Metallic, Virtual Pearl, 89lb cover to 10-inch x 7-inch then score and fold it in the middle.
- Cut a piece of Silhouette Double Sided Adhesive Sheet larger than the Memory Box, Cupid Heart (solid). Pull one side of the backing and place it on the same size piece of Curious Metallic, Rose Gold, 111lb cover. Place the die on the paper and cut a heart. Leave the backing on for now. The yellow backing on the adhesive sheets is thinner than the white side. I left the white side on as I thought it was easier to peel off after cutting the die. Your choice.
- Cut a piece of Curious Skin, Black, 100lb cover, the same size as the previous pieces, and back it with the same size of the adhesive sheet. Cut it using the Memory Box, Silverdale Heart (filigree). I left the white intact and in hindsight, I might have tried leaving the yellow side, I had to run it a few time in the Big Shot Pro. Take out the inner pieces carefully so the design doesn’t break. After removing the backing I used a toothpick and applied very thin amounts of Cosmic Shimmer Acrylic Glue. Place it over the Rose Gold heart, going slow and aligning it. I started at the point of the heart and worked my way up.
- Using the Memory Box, Silverdale Heart (filigree), cut out the heart section of the design using the Glitter, Red, 65lb cover. I die cut the heart and applied a little piece of ScorTape to the back.
- Add the Black filigree to the Rose Gold heart and insert the little Red Glitter heart. Center the assembled heart on the front of the card.
- Print the inside message (download below) on the CT CLEAR INKJET Translucent (Vellum). Seal the print with several layers of spray acrylic by holding the can several inches above the paper and letting the sealer’s mist down. Each sheet has 2 messages per sheet. Cut it in half and trim it on each side .75-inch. To attach it to the inside of the card, cut 1/4-inch ScorTape to 3-inch long, and center the tape is 5/16-inch down to the top of the tape. Be careful that the edges of the tape are cut straight and don’t curl under when you place them down and pull off the backing.
- Center the Translucent Vellum over the ScoreTape and add a matching piece over the top of the Vellum. Remove the top backing and burnish it with Cosmic Shimmer Gilding Flakes, Gold Jewel. Put a piece of paper over the Vellum while you apply and burnish the tape.
- Curious Metallic
- Virtual Pearl, 89lb cover
- Rose Gold, 111lb cover
- Stardream Metallic
- Jupiter, A7 envelope
- Curious Skin
- Black, 100lb cover
- Red, 65lb cover
- CT CLEAR INKJET Translucent (Vellum)
- Silhouette Double Sided Adhesive Sheets
- Memory Box, Cupid Heart (solid)
- Memory Box, Silverdale Heart (filigree)]
- Cosmic Shimmer Gilding Flakes, Gold Jewel
- Cosmic Shimmer Acrylic Glue
- Spray Acrylic Sealer
- 1/4″ ScorTape