Do you desire a paper project that you can share with your elementary age children or grandchildren? This is a great project that allows you to show and tell your little ones and everyone will have a cool paper basket when finished. Adding different colors of paper will make each person’s basket unique.
You can find other wonderful tutorials like this. Make sure to check out HattiMatimTim’s Youtube Channel! Beautiful flowers and other tutorials that are lovely to make! Make sure to check them out!
- 20cm x 20cm Paper Square
- (2ct.) 2cm x 20cm Paper Strip
- For bright colored paper that would be great for this craft make sure to check out our Poptone Paper! A wonderful collection of colors that are perfect and easy to use!
- Fold the square paper into a triangle
- Fold the triangle into another triangle
- Fold in half to form another triangle
- Using a pencil draw the design of the petal
- Cut out the petal design
- Using the folded up petal, fold up the bottom of the triangle to create a crease.
- Unfold the petal completely
- Cut in just a little bit between the crease of the petals
- Fold in the petals to create a crease
- Put some glue on the edge of the petal and attach the petals together
- Repeat until all the petals are attached together
- Glue the ends of the strip of paper
- Put the glued strip of paper into the inside of the petal basket
- Using another paper strip fold it up a few times then cut it into a diamond shape. You’ll make 8 diamonds.
- Glue the diamonds to the edge of the basket