How to Make Spooky 3D Paper Trees for Halloween
Looking for easy DIY decorations for Halloween? These spooky 3D paper trees are very simple to make. Especially with a cutting machine!
To create your own spooky 3D paper trees for Halloween, all you need are a couple tools and black paper. We used PaperPapers Stardream Metallic Onyx cover weight paper to give our trees some shimmer and make them stand out a bit more. You only need one sheet of paper per tree.
Once you’ve gathered your tools and materials, head over to our site to download the template you need for these 3D trees. Then follow our photo tutorial below!
Tools & Materials
- Cutting Machine (recommended) or Scissors
- Craft Knife Pencil
- Cover Weight Paper — PaperPapers Stardream Metallic Onyx
- Gather tools and materials. Then, download your template.
- Cut out tree following template, using a cutting machine (recommended) or tracing the template onto the cover weight paper and cutting out the parts with a craft knife. NOTE: The slots cut out in the trees to slide the pieces together are intended to work for cover/cardstock paper. If you adjust the size of the design, the pieces may not fit together properly.
- Slide together the first matching pair, “A” and “B.”
- Then slide on part “C.”
- Lastly, slide on part “D.” Ensure that matching pairs are not directly next to each other.
- Adjust the trunks and branches to fan out the tree evenly.
Find More Ideas for Halloween
You can also become a member to access all of our DIY project tutorials, SVG files, and printable patterns. We love seeing what you create, so make sure to use the hashtag #MadeWithLia when you share your crafts on your social pages. Happy Halloween!