This is a wonderful tutorial of a Ninja Star by PPO. The best part this origami ninja star is that you can customize it any way you want. Using all different types of paper and colors, we have included all the instructions below as well as the materials.
Materials Needed for Origami Ninja Star:
- 8 sheets of square paper in 9cm x 9cm (3.5-inch square)
- Colorful Text Paper (use text weight/foldable paper)
- Take a sheet and fold it in half like a triangle. Unfold and fold the other side into a triangle as well. This will create an X fold mark on the paper.
- Fold it in half like a rectangle and unfold.
- By following the videos: fold 2 of the corners in.
- Fold in half between the two corners.
- Using the previous folds that made an X on the paper push in the paper so it creates a diamond-like object.
- Do steps 1-5 again 7 more times to create 8 diamond-like folded papers.
- Using 2 of the diamonds slide the 2nd diamond into the 1st diamond between the longer edge. It will be a little loose at first.
- Use the 1st diamond and fold in the tips to cover the 2nd diamond and unfold.
- Using the folded tips put them in-between the long edge of the 2nd diamond.
- Repeat the process of steps 7-9 for the rest of the diamonds. All the units are interlocked in the same way but the last two may be a bit tricky.
- Once you are completed you will have created a circular shape of all the diamonds interwoven together.
- To create the ninja star you will push all the diamond pieces together.
Hope you enjoyed making this Origami Ninja Star! Make sure to check out all the creations by PPO and all of the creative designs that they have. If you would like to share your creations with us make sure to tag us on Instagram!