26 Apr Metallic Paper Garden Rose Flower
This metallic paper garden rose flower looks like it’s hand-grown but it’s actually hand-crafted. We’ll show you how to create your own below. Make one rose or a bunch to craft your own paper rose garden. From Lia’s paper flower garden to yours, happy crafting!
To create your own frosted paper garden rose flower, simply start by gathering the tools and materials listed below. Visit Liagriffith.com to download either the SVG or PDF files, then cut. Finally, follow along with the photo tutorial below to learn how to assemble your garden rose flower. Find all of the papers we used for this project here.
- Cutting Machine (recommended)
- Low-Temp Hot Glue Gun
- Needle Nose Pliers
- Curling Tool
- Metallic Text Weight Paper – Stardream “Fairway” and “Azalea”
- Green Paper Covered Floral Wire – 18 Gauge
- Gather tools and materials.
- Cut all pieces according to pattern notes. FREE template available here.
- Shape your smallest sets of petals with curling tool. All curl upward, except last set.
- Shape remaining petals on two top corners to form point in center.
- With needle nose pliers, form spiral on tip of green wire.
- Slide wire through tab of smallest petals and glue to secure.
- Form point on first petal and glue. Wrap second petal around first and glue one corner.
- Glue together at center two matching layers of petals that curl in different directions.
- Slide onto wire, glue at base and rotate petals as shown.
- Layer and glue remaining petals.
- Slide onto wire, glue and form into a rotation.
- For all petals, keep rotation in same direction.
- See photo for example of how center of rose should look.
- Slide final two petal sets onto wire.
- Arrange petals to offset from other layers, and glue into place.
- With curling tool, shape sepal inward, then shape tips in other direction.
- Slide onto wire and glue at base of flower.
- Fold leaves in half then with tool press vein lines when holding in palm of hand.
- Glue wire between two offset leaves.
- Arrange stems of flowers and leaves.