Paper Poinsettia Plant
The poinsettia plant is such a gorgeous and timeless holiday icon. Channel some Christmas cheer and create a simple paper poinsettia plant for your home — just as lovely as the real thing and much longer lasting!
To create these paper poinsettias, we used Paper Papers text weight metallic paper. This paper is especially wonderful for crafting paper flowers. Unique in its thinner composition than most cardstocks, it is ideal for these types of projects. It also has a subtle shimmering quality that gives it an extra lux feel. For these poinsettias, we used Paper Papers text weight metallic paper in Fairway, Lime Satin, Mars, Red Satin, Juniper, and Pure Gold. They have such an incredible selection of other colors as well… browse their selection today for even more paper crafting inspiration!
To make some paper poinsettias, download the templates below and then head over to LiaGriffith.com for a step-by-step photo tutorial. If using a cutting machine, download the SVG files or if cutting by hand, download the PDF version. These paper poinsettia flowers are oh-so-simple to assemble and will take you no time at all!
For more SVG papercut projects, browse our website. Follow us on Instagam, Facebook and Twitter, and remember to use #MadeWithLia when sharing photos of your finished projects – we can’t wait to see what you’re making! Happy Holidays ~ Lia & Team
- Cutting Machine (recommended)
- Low-Temp Hot Glue Gun
- Paper Papers Text Weight Metallic Paper in Fairway, Lime Satin, Mars, Red Satin, Juniper, and Pure Gold
- Green Paper Covered Floral Wire – 18-gauge
- Lia Griffith Floral Tape
- Gather the tools and materials listed above & cut out your paper according to the pattern.
- Create score lines down each petal and leaf by folding length ways.
- Glue and wrap a gold center around the floral wire.
- Fold over the base of the petals and glue into place. Glue the petals to the flower’s center — smallest to largest — making sure to stagger your petals.
- Attach three leaves to the bottom.
- Cover the floral wire in floral tape.