Shoot for the moon with these stunning paper stars from Lia Griffith. A perfect accessory for a New Year’s Eve party or another glamorous soiree of the likes. Made with a selection of Paper Papers text weigh and cardstock papers, these stars are simple to craft and as stylish as can be!
To make some stars of your own, download either the PDF or SVG templates from LiaGriffith.com and then craft along with the step-by-step photo tutorial below. If you plan on using a cutting machine, download the SVG version. If you will be cutting with scissors, use the PDFs. Find all of the papers we used for this project here.
- Cutting Machine (recommended)
- Curious Skin Text Weight Paper Emerald
- Curious Metallics in Pure Gold
- Stardream Metallics in Onyx
- Wild Cardstock Paper in Black
- Glue Dot Roller
- Gather the tools and materials listed above.
- Cut the paper according to the template notes using scissors or a cutting machine.
- Take the four arrow shaped cuts of paper and fold along the score marks.
- Then take the square cut of paper and fold along the score marks.
- Overlap two of the triangle shaped folds to form one point of the star, then use the dot roller to glue it together.
- Repeat with the three remaining points.
- Next take the arrow shaped papers, overlap the two larger triangle shaped folds to form one point of the star, and use the dot roller to glue it together.
- Repeat with the smaller triangle shaped fold.
- Pinch the smaller triangle shape together to form a fold line down the middle, then repeat with the remaining three star points.
- Apply glue dots to the base of each of the four points.
- Attach the longer points across from each other on the four pointed star you made earlier.
- Finally attach the two shorter points across from each other in the remaining spaces.