15 Jul Personalize A Sweet Baby Book with Quality Papers
Babies are a joyful addition to any family and babies hold a lot of precious memories and holding onto a few keepsakes can make memories that will last forever. This baby album is to help you hold those precious memories and easy enough where anyone can do it.
Inside the covers are 7 pages with lots of compartments for photos and other mementos: a baby bracelet, invitations, letters from families and friends. All these things will mean a lot as time goes on and your child grows up. Each of the seven pages has a front and back that were decorated with flat ribbon so they would be pretty as gift before they were used and covered with photos. If you know if you are having a boy or a girl you can use respective colors, but if you are keeping it a surprise you can choose neutral colors that could be used for either as I did with this yellow and green colored book.
You are welcome to use any baby stickers that you want and to decorate with the name you have given to your child but if you want a clean look to the words you can always purchase large glitter letters that can be mounted using foam adhesive strips or tape.
I cut the covers from Savoy 100% Cotton Natural to the size of 7.5″ wide x 8.5″ tall and the pages. While you can choose any color for your covers you would like I would recommend using a paper of a higher weight just so the cover doesn’t get ripped off from use. All the papers were cut first, the holes put in, and then the decorations applied. The Zutter O Wire is 1.25″ in diameter and 12 holes long. The Cinch was used for the holes which are large enough to accommodate the wire.
For the cover, use 1/4″ ribbon backed with 1/8″ ScorTape, crisscross the front with ribbon: a pencil was used to mark lines to follow before the ribbon was applied. I also added lettering for “Baby” on top of the ribbon then butterfly was the last thing put on the album.
To style your Baby Memory Book there are many ways to style it. From sticking envelopes to already decorated pages to actually using envelopes instead of pages to hold precious items. One other style guide that you can do is to use photo mounting corners to hold precious photos and they can be used anywhere on actual paper backgrounds or on envelopes.
Materials used in this craft:
- Savoy 100% Cotton, Natural, 236 lb cover
- Shine, Champagne, 7″ square envelopes have been discontinued (recommend Shine Champagne 7.5″ square envelopes)
- PopTone, Banana Split, 65 lb cover
- PopTone, Banana Split, A2 envelopes
- PopTone, Gumdrop Green, 100 lb cover
- PopTone, Gumdrop Green #10 envelopes
- Crush, Natural Citrus, 81 lb text
- Crush, Natural Citrus, A2 envelopes
- Cinch, 12 holes used
- Crate Paper, Slide Frames
- Jolee’s Boutique, Dimensional Stickers, Pink Flowers
- Recollections, Foam Adhesive Strips
- American Craft, Premium Ribbon, 1/4″
- Cinch & Zutter O Wire, 1.25″
- Therm O Web, Glitter Dust, Photo Corners
- Spellbinders, Media Mixage, 6″ square Fine Art Paper