This Snowflake Christmas Card is bright, shiny, and a keepsake to hold precious memories between friends and family! Using die-cuts and some embossing tools this creative, silver, and red card is perfect to share with your loved ones. Check out how to make your own below.
Keep referring to the photos and make whatever changes suit you. This is a foiling project however the photos include images that can be used without the laminator. My laminator is the Tahsin SM-330. I use the plastic board, the enclosed plastic cover, along with a couple of sheets of copy paper. I run it from all 4 directions at the highest setting on the equipment. The final card is 5-inch-inch x 6 3/4-inch. The Stardream Metallics, Jupiter, A7 envelope is 5 1/4-inch x 7 1/4-inch and is a little bulky with the ribbon, so I cut it a little narrower than usual.
- Print the Stardream Metallics, Jupiter, 105lb cover, with the snowflake designs. There is a “Merry Christmas” in the lower part of the page; offset since the page will be trimmed later. Print it with your laser printer on the darkest setting possible as the foil sticks to the laser. I did both the white and the green foil at the same time. Run it from all directions while you have the layers all arranged. It goes: plastic carrier board, Jupiter paper, plastic sheet that comes with the kit, 2 layers of copy paper. Score it in half length wise by putting it face up on the scoreboard and covering it with copy paper so that the foiling is not damaged. I touched up some spots with a Sakura Pen-touch, white, fine point 1.0mm pen with opaque quick dry white ink.
- Use 1/8-inch ScorTape and add the 1/4-inch green velvet ribbon. I found it easier to put pencil lines where the bottom of the ribbon will be. The first ribbon line is a tad over 1/2-inch from the bottom. The second green ribbon is 1 11/16-inch from the bottom. The point is to approximately leave the same amount of visual space at the top and bottom of the lettering. Cut the ribbon at the edges and apply some glue to seal it.
- The inside message is printed on Crush, White Corn,81lb text. I used my inkjet to print it in red,. There are both a single message and a design with 6 messages so more cards can be made. I printed both version is black and red so you could choose. Cut it to about 3-inch x 3 1/2-inch and cover the back with Silhouette Double Sided Adhesive Sheet. Center the message.
- The snowflakes are die cut them from FAV Shimmer, Pure Silver,81lb text. Mount the paper on Silhouette Double Sided Adhesive paper before die cutting the images. My dies are cheap 3-inch dies from China, probably bought on Ebay. Of the 3 dies, 2 worked. If you don’t have any snowflake dies, I did find some online for you to look at; I have not used them. Making die buying harder, 3-inch converts to 7.62 centimeters / 76.2 millimeters. If you go bigger wrap the snowflakes under and around the front of the card and behind the message. Check the descriptions. Some page links were just too long. Search for 3-inch Metal Cutting Dies Christmas Snowflake Scrapbooking Stencils DIY Album Decor.
Here are a few examples that would be great Embossing Materials or DIE Cuts:
- Amazon: Christmas Snowflake Craft Metal Cutting Dies Scrapbooking Stencils Template for DIY Album Photo Embossing Decorative Paper Card
- Amazon: Cutting Dies Metal, Christmas Die Cut Metal, Big Snowflake Decorate Embossing Stencils for DIY Scrapbooking Photo Album Decorative DIY Paper Cards Making Gift, Metallic Die Cut Combination
- Tim Holtz – Sizzix SIZZIX THINLITS DIE, Stunning Snowflake
- Ebay: 3 Pieces Christmas Snowflakes Metal Die Cuts Decorative Christmas Cutting Die
- If you have not done so already, remove the backing from the snowflakes, add some glue to the back of the die cuts and place them on the card. Enjoy!
- Stardream Metallics
- Jupiter,105lb cover
- Jupiter A7 envelope
- White Corn,81lb text
- FAV Shimmer
- Pure Silver,81lb text
- Sakura Pen-touch, white, fine point 1.0mm pen with opaque quick dry white ink
- (2) 3″ Snowflake Dies
- 1/8″ Green Velvet Ribbon
- ScorTape, 1/8″
- Double Sided Adhesive Sheet
- Cosmic Shimmer Acrylic Glue
- Foiling machine: Tamerica/ Tahsin SM-330 laminator,13″
- Foil: Pigment White/ Colorfoil.comFoil : Metallic Green / Colorfoil.com