Thanksgiving is about being thankful and sending special thoughts to the people that we love. This is a perfect sendoff for the next few holidays that we have coming up. So make sure to make your very own Thanksgiving cards to send to friends and family!
My die cut leaves and the fern are Sizzix, but I don’t know the style number. There are many die cuts out there that will suit, from Sizzix, Tim Holtz, Cottage Cutz, and Lawn Fawn; use what you have. The tall fern is 4″ tall and the smaller ones are 2 5/8″ and 2″. Adjust for size by tucking them in further or not. Refer to the photos.
- The envelope is Extract, Moon A7 envelopes.
- The image of leaves and the Thanksgiving message is printed on Extract, Moon, 140 lb cover, which is remarkable in its clarity. Cut it to 4.5″ x 2 7/8″. It can be cut a little smaller, just not bigger. I printed the original image at 85%. The image is a free download from The Graphics Fairy. You can sign up for pretty daily images to your mailbox. It is printed at 85% on Photoshop. I moved the image to the lower right so the scrap paper was larger. Print it on copy paper first and make your adjustments there. Mount it a few steps down.
- Since the A7 envelope is 5.25 x 7.25, cut Remake, Brown Autumn, 140 lb cover, to 10″ X 7″, score and fold it in the middle. The final card is 5″ x 7″ and opens right to left.
- Cut Curious Metallic, Rose Gold, 111 lb cover to 4.75″ x 6.75″ and die cut a rectangle in the middle using a 3 3/8″ square die cut. Using ScorTape, mount it as centered as possible on the Brown Autumn.
- Using the 3.75″ x 4.25″ square die cuts, cut the Curious Metallic, Eucalyptus, 111 lb cover, into a border and using Cosmic Shimmer Acrylic Glue, center it on the Rose Gold.
- Mount the leaf image printed on Extract, Moon, in Step 2, using ScorTape, and mount it to the bottom of the card front, centering it along the bottom and the lower sides. There is tape along the top of the image, on the back, and it doesn’t touch the card, but it will help secure the leaves, so don’t touch it too much.
- On the inside, cut the Parchtone, Natural, 80 lb text, to 3″ wide by 7″ long. I found it easiest to cut it 3″wide and cut it after mounting it. It is mounted with 1/4″ ScorTape. I put it on the Brown Autumn, 1″ from the crease, and the other piece on the back edge of the Parchtone. Pull the cover off the tape and mount it about 1/4″ from the crease, or up to the 1″ edge of the tape. Pull the cover off the tape on the Parchtone and push down. Trim the edges.
- Using the leaf and fern die cuts, cut 2 smaller leaves from the Crush, Cherry, 92lb cover and one medium leaf from the Mohawk LOOP, Antique Vellum, Chili, 110 lb cover. Cut the longer fern from Stardream Metallic, Copper, 105 lb cover. On the inside, place one of the Cherry leaves on the bottom right and add the remaining 3 leaves on the front by tucking them behind the leaf image. Add glue to the back with a toothpick, arrange them, and press down.
- On the inside add the different size adhesive gems to the upper left side of the Parchtone. You are done.
Paper materials used in this craft:
- Remake, Brown Autumn, 140 lb cover
- Extract, Moon, 140 lb cover
- Extract, Moon A7 envelopes
- Curious Metallic, Rose Gold, 111 lb cover
- Curious Metallic, Eucalyptus, 111 lb cover
- Parchtone, Natural, 80 lb text
- Stardream Metallic, Copper, 105 lb cover
- Mohawk LOOP, Antique Vellum, Chili, 110 lb cover
- Crush, Cherry, 92lb cover
Other materials used in this craft:
- Square Die Cuts, 3 3/8″, 3.75″, and 4.25″
- Die Cuts of Leaves & Ferns (unknown, but Sizzix, Tim Holtz, Cottage Cutz, Lawn Fawn all have dies. For example, Sizzix 663094 TH Thinlits Skeleton Leaves has larger dies.
- K&Company, Adhesive Gems, 3/8″, 2/8″, 1/8″
- ScorTape, 1/2″ & 1/4″
- Cosmic Shimmer Acrylic Glue