Valentines Day Paper Card
The best thing about Valentine’s Day is the love that can be shared to friends, family, or anyone that we love most. So the best way to share this is by making a Valentines Day Paper Card or anything that you get inspired to make!
For a sentimental Valentine’s Day, start with Pop-Tone, Pink Lemonade, 65lb cover, and cut it to 7″ wide by 10″ long. Score and fold it in half; this fits into an A7, Curious Skin, Pink envelope. Cut all the parts first and then assemble the card.
- Stamp the CTI Glama Natural, Clear, 48lb cover with Black StazOn Ink, using the HCPC 3323 Large Elegant Word Background Precut Set, and let it dry. Alternately you can print a large block of script using your laser printer. The lettering stamp is 5″ x 6″, so print that large an area. Set it aside to dry.
- Die cut the FAV Shimmer, Hinted Gold, 81lb text, using the Cheery Lynn Die, Doilies & Exotic Dies, DL 148, Cathedral Lace Frame.
- Cut a piece of Silhouette Double Sided Adhesive Sheet that is 6.25″ x 4.25″ and center it on the front of the Pink Lemonade card front. Center the Hinted Gold die cut frame on the adhesive tape and press down gently. Sprinkle the whole area with DIY Thickers, Wow Glitter, Cotton Candy (holographic pink).
- Using the heart from the Sizzix, Framelits Dies, Style 657561, Heart, 4 1/2″, die cut the stamped CTI Glama Natural, Clear, 48lb cover.
- Die cut the Curious Skin, Pink, 100lb cover with Memory Box Dies, Serafina Heart, Style 98278 and set the heart aside for another project. You are working with the section of paper the image was cut out of and using a larger heart to cut around this area. With the Sizzix, Framelits Dies, Style 657561, 3 1/2″ Heart die cut, cut a 3 1/2″ heart around the negative cut out portion of the heart. Refer to the photo of the card front. Do this carefully, leaving enough edge to work with and place it on a 3/2″ heart cut from Silhouette Double Sided Adhesive Sheet. I did have to reassemble the pieces inside the heart shape, so be sure to not toss them. Sprinkle the heart image with DIY Thickers, Wow Glitter, Cotton Candy (holographic pink).
- Tape the heart image, already on the adhesive paper, onto the stamped CTI Glama Natural, Clear, heart shape and ScorTape that onto the card front. I used glue on the back of all the hearts when placing them on top of each other. You will especially need the glue when placing the heart on the glittered card front.
- Cut 2 sections of 12″ pink silk ribbon, 1/8″ wide and together tie then into a bow. Using a toothpick, add glue in the front and back of the tied area, under the ribbon front and on the back of the bow. Add it to the top of the heart.
- This next step is optional and depends on if you are giving the card in person, or mailing it. If you mail it with the roses, you will need a padded envelope. If you are giving it in person, for sure add the roses. Glue down 2 roses from Recollections Flower Embellishment, 1/2″ paper flowers (or similar). Mine came with wire stems, which I cut off completely. Give them a little time to dry so they stay in place.
- Stamp a message on the inside. I used an older stamp that I had, so use what you have. Something that says: “I love you”. I stamped it using Black StazOn Ink. You are done. Enjoy!
Papers used in this craft:
- Pink Lemonade, 65lb cover
- Curious Skin
- Pink, 100lb cover
- Pink, A7 envelope
- FAV Shimmer
- Hinted Gold, 81lb text
- CT Translucent
- Glama Natural, Clear, 48lb cover
Other materials used in this craft:
- Memory Box Dies, Serafina Heart, Style 98278
- Sizzix, Framelits Dies, Style 657561, Heart, 4 1/2″ & 3 1/2″
- HCPC 3323 Large Elegant Word Background Precut Set
- Black StazOn Ink & refill bottle
- Rubber Stamp, “Live a Little Love a Lot” or similar
- 1/8″ Pink Silk Ribbon, 2 feet
- Recollections Flower Embellishment, 1/2″ paper flowers (or similar)
- DIY Thickers, Wow Glitter, Cotton Candy (holographic pink)
- Silhouette Double Sided Adhesive Sheet
- Cosmic Shimmer Acrylic Glue
- ScorTape, 1/2″